Last Modified: 24.06.2022
Launching Bitrix Virtual Appliance
Attention! When Virtual Appliance starts and a black screen appears and disappears right away, but BitrixVM doesn't start, check your processor VT-x/VT-d hardware virtualization. VT-x/VT-d hardware virtualization can be enabled in your PC BIOS. Also, check your bits number for operating system used for launching Bitrix Virtual Appliance – it must be 64-bit system.
- Download the distributive of a Bitrix Virtual Appliance.
- Extract files from the downloaded archive to any folder, for example,
C:\BitrixVA\, and launch Virtual Appliance via suitable software:
In case when Virtual Appliance doesn't launch when using VMWare Player
, open its settings
(Edit virtual machine settings)
and specify in the
a guest operating system:
- Guest operating system:
- During the first launch of Virtual Appliance, the program will prompt you to change password for both root and bitrix users:
Note: Password bitrix is configured for root user.
- Indicate the
root login in the localhost login, and indicate the password
bitrix in Password field.
- Indicate the current password (
bitrix) in the (current) UNIX password line and press Enter.
- Input new password in the Enter new UNIX password line and press Enter.
- Retype the new password in the Retype new UNIX password line and press Enter.
Similarly, change bitrix user password:
Note: It is possible to change bitrix user password later at the virtual server control panel via menu 1. Create Management pool of server - Change bitrix password.
In BitrixVA version 7.x+
the pool is created on a mandatory basis (
1. Create Management pool of server). Pool configuration manager opens all the necessary ports in CentOS for the services of Bitrix24 products to operate correctly.
If the menu shows not other items, except for 0. Exit
and network interface table shows IP4: Undefined
- it means that you have a problem with Virtual Appliance network adapter or local network doesn't have DHCP server. Check Virtual Appliance network adapter settings and try to set IP address manually
- Virtual server is ready for further use.
- After all server settings are configured, don't forget to exit the root account for security purposes:
- Exit to console, by selecting 0. Exit in the menu (or press Ctrl+C)
- Then, run the
How to manage BitrixEnv
To proceed to execution of any action in the Virtual Appliance, please input the number and press Enter. For example, to configure virtual server, input 2 in the (Manage localhost) line and press Enter.
To return to your OS, press Ctrl+Alt (VMWare Player).
To return from shell (if you have pressed 0. Exit) back to Virtual Appliance menu and select the following command in console:
When launching several hosts on a single BitrixVM on a local computer or within a local network, indicate arbitrary custom domains instead of IPs for these sites, by writing them beforehand in the operating system's hosts file or the network's DHCP server. Then sites can be accessed using domain names, but within this computer or local network.
If wizard errors occurred during BitrixVM operation, wizard logs can be found in the folder
If problems occur with VMWare Player
network adapter, it is necessary to go to network adapter settings (Virtual Machine > Removable Devices > Network Adapter > Settings...
), select one of modes (Bridged
and re-launch virtual server, by selecting 2. Manage localhost > 4. Reboot server