Last Modified: 05.08.2020
Attention! Knowledge of *nix-system administration is needed for operations described in this chapter. Please, fully backup the Virtual Appliance before performing these operations.
Tracking of changes may be needed when developing your own custom BitrixEnv/VMBitrix.CRM virtual appliance-based solutions. Enable BitrixEnv/VMBitrix.CRM beta version repository and connect virtual appliance source repository to track all changes.
- Beta version and its source codes are available for BitrixEnv/VMBitrix.CRM, starting from version 7.3.10.
- There is no roll back for installed BitrixEnv/VMBitrix.CRM beta version to a stable release. Switching to a more stable version is performed with a release of a new stable version, newer beta version or by re-installing current stable version. For example, for beta version 7.3.10 , a stable version 7.4 release is required.
Beta version numeration
A small reserved numbering is allotted for stable version releases. That's why beta versions have a higher number than the current stable version of BitrixEnv/VMBitrix.CRM
. For example, current version – 7.3.2, beta – 7.3.10. Stable versions will be released before version 7.3.10; starting from version 7.3.10 and higher - beta versions. A new release, for example version 7.4.xx, the numbering sequence is the same: before 7.4.10 – stable versions, 7.4.10 and higher – beta version, etc.
Beta version features
All fixes, additions and new features rebased in beta version is included into a next stable version release.
Beta version lifetime cycle
Approximately 2-4 months, after which all updates are included into a stable version release.
Beta version enabling/disabling
How to enable and disable beta version of BitrixEnv/VMBitrix.CRM
When you have a stable Virtual Appliance version you need to update BitrixEnv/VMBitrix.CRM to version 7.3.2 or higher.
- Next, there are 2 options:
- when pool is not created:
- enable: 2. Configure localhost settings > 7. Enable or disable beta version of bitrix-env > 1. Enable bitrix-env beta versions.
- disable: 2. Configure localhost settings > 7. Enable or disable beta version of bitrix-env > 1. Disable bitrix-env beta versions.
- when pool is created:
- enable: 1. Manage Hosts in the pool > 10. Enable or disable bitrix-env beta versions > 1. Enable bitrix-env beta versions.
- disable: 1. Manage Hosts in the pool > 10. Enable or disable bitrix-env beta versions > 1. Disable bitrix-env beta versions.
For VMBitrix.CRM (because pool is created when installing VA):
- enable: 2. Configure localhost settings > 7. Enable or disable beta version of bitrix-env > 1. Enable bitrix-env beta versions
- disable: 2. Configure localhost settings > 7. Enable or disable beta version of bitrix-env > 1. Disable bitrix-env beta versions
Next, packages must be updated using VA Menu or using the command:
yum clean all && yum update
Beta or stable version?
How to determine which repository is used: beta or stable?
Execute the command:
yum clean all
String with list of repositories will contain
, for stable
. For example:
Cleaning repos: base bitrix-beta bitrix-source epel ...
How to return stable version
There is no rollback from installed beta version to stable version. In this case, to switch to stable version, wait until stable version release that is newer than current beta version or re-install a stable version again. For example, for beta version 7.3.10 wait until stable version 7.4 is released.
How to get beta version original source code
Download source code the same way as stable version source code packets
Where to look for beta version list of updates
List of updates is published in the section What's new?