Views: 635 (Data available since 06.02.2017)
Last Modified: 25.08.2014
Note. Portal templates are system templates and cannot be customized! There is a technical possibility to copy, customize, and apply the template, but in this case the backward compatibility will be lost.
The following aspects are reviewed in this section:
- Site design template management;
- Work with include areas and advertising areas;
- Site navigation tools management: menu and navigation chain;
- Main product localization principles;
- Work with visual components;
- Site optimization.
The minimum requirements for study: knowledge of the basic techniques for website development, such as HTML, CSS, and PHP.
Web design – it is first of all the development of the interface, as the user’s interaction environment with information, and not just a “beautiful picture”. Specifics of the web environment must be taken into account along with such things as usability and fit for purpose of creating a site. In addition, due regard must be given to the main scenarios of a user’s behavior and the particulars of the target audience.
While working with the design of your own site you must remember that any work with site design has its own preferences. If you want to make any changes to the design, do the following:
- First try to do it by editing the template of the site itself and CSS files;
- If the previous step is impossible, then try to do it using site page editing means;
- And only in the last resort start editing the component templates and files of the CSS component. In this case, templates must be copied and not edited in a system folder.
This sequence of actions is required because during product update component templates are also updated. If you have changed (customized) a component template, it will not be updated. In this case, the functionality loss of the updated version and decrease in the security level are possible.
Attention! If you have activated component cache, you might not notice the changes after introducing them to component templates or its CSS file. It is about caching itself, which shows you not a real view but a cached one from previous sessions. In this case, you only have to update the component cache by using the Update button on the administrative panel.