Views: 468 (Data available since 06.02.2017)
Last Modified: 22.09.2014
Site is a set of the following:
- Database account that is created in the administrative menu on the page Site list (Control Panel > Settings > System settings > Websites > Websites) and includes the following main parameters:
- Identifier – a set of symbols identifying the site;
- Domain name – one or more domain names of the site;
- Site Folder – a path to the catalogue where the public part of the site will be stored;
- Site language;
- Data format;
- Time format;
- URL - protocol and domain name by default (for example, http://www.site.com);
- DocumentRoot - this parameter shall be filled in if a multi-site system is used;
- Template connection conditions: each site may have one or more templates for displaying pages of the public part, and each such template may be connected, subject to a certain condition.
- Public part – a set of scripts (pages) located in the site folder and belonging to this site.
- Settings. Each module may have a number of settings connected with the site; e.g. such settings for the Information blocks module consist in binding an information block to a certain site, and for the Technical support module – in the binding of a status, category, etc. to a site.
There is the possibility to create and support an unlimited number of sites in Bitrix Framework based on a single product instance. The multi-site system has the following features:
- Standard rights to managing site modules;
- Standard set of users’ accounts for all sites;
- Standard statistics system for all sites.
This function will be described in more detail in the chapter Multiple Sites
Site structure within Bitrix Framework:
- Template determines the presentation of site to users. There are component templates and site templates.
- Components set data retrieval.
- Page is an element of site structure.
This chapter is dedicated to Page and Site template as elements of a structure. Components are covered in a separate chapter.