Views: 10017 (Data available since 06.02.2017)
A special backup feature may be used to move the site to a remote server (or from a remote server to a local computer).
Before moving the site from a local computer to a remote hosting or from one remote hosting to another using the incorporated backup function and special script restore.php, it is necessary to do the following:
The next step is the creation of a site archive. The archive may be created on the Backup page (Settings > Tools > Backup > Create Backup).
After that, you may proceed with the actual site moving. Please follow the steps indicated below:
- Download the file containing the archive to the site root directory on a remote server or on a local computer depending on where you moving the site to and from. If the source site is available on the Internet, it is recommended for the archive to be downloaded from a remote server. In this case, all parts of the archive are downloaded automatically. In case of moving from a local computer to a hosting all parts have to be brought together using restore.php.
Important: if the archive file contains complete site copy (both the kernel and a public part), there is no need to install Bitrix system on the server.
- Download the restore.php script available through the link provided in the reference at the bottom of the page with backup list. Upload the script to the site root on the server.
: This link contains a script that corresponds to your installation package version. The latest version of the script is available at bitrixsoft.com
- Please type in the address bar: http://your_site/restore.php. Press Continue.
- Please choose the required option of the archive file location in the dialog window that opens and click Continue.
Note: The options Archive is stored in document root folder and Archive is already extracted will appear when the archive has been copied or extracted to the site root, accordingly.
: If the site archive was located in the client’s cloud, please choose the option Download from remote server
and indicate the path to the archive:
If the site archive was located in Bitrix Cloud
, please select the option Restore the backup from Bitrix Cloud
and enter your active license key:
- After the archive is downloaded, you will be requested to enter a password (if the archive was protected at the backup stage) in order to extract the files.
- After the files are extracted, the database connection settings must be established if a database dump was created during the preparation of the backup copy.
Please indicate the required settings, click Restore and wait for the script to complete its operation.
- Once extraction is successfully completed, click Delete archive and temporary scripts in the opened dialog box:
The following files will be deleted to prevent damage to the site or information leak:
After that, you will be automatically redirected to a public section of the recovered site.
- /backup file (file with an extension of .tar.gz or .enc)
- /bitrix/backup/database dump (file with the extension .sql).