Last Modified: 23.01.2021
Section for Bitrix24 Developer resources
Starting from REST module version 20.5.0, a new Developer resources tab has been introduced. It contains the tools necessary for improving and simplifying integration in your Bitrix24:
The following tools are available:
- Common use cases
Let's overview each of these tools in more detail.
Common use cases
This tab contains common use cases for integration using examples of code and pre-set parameters based on webhooks and local applications.
Click to expand the list of common use cases
Common use cases are separated into categories:
- Import and export data (copy customer data, list of employees, tasks from any external source, or otherwise, move your data, accumulated in Bitrix24 to an external third-party system):
- Import users
- Export users
- Other (implement your custom scenarios for adding widgets to Bitrix24)
- Third-party system integration (automate the collection of leads gathered via the form on site, synchronize customers contact data with a warehouse storage or accounting system):
- Synchronize customers
- Add leads
- Automate sales (automatically advance leads and deals progress in a funnel and verify CRM data authenticity):
- Move a lead along the sales funnel
- Move a deal along the sales funnel
- Automate management tasks (automatically assign tasks to employees, inform management about occurred errors and publish reports in the Activity Stream/Feed):
- Assign task
- Send notification
- Send a report to Activity Stream/Feed
- Track tasks
- Add a widget (customise Bitrix24 interface: show your data directly inside the customer information pane (slider), as well as sales scripts - in a call details):
- Show custom info in CRM information pane
- Add custom action to CRM information pane
- Add the sales script to the call information pane
- Create an invoice for hours worked
- Add a chat bot (create chatbots that will send notifications and reports to employees directly via the Bitrix24 chat):
- Notify employees in the chat
- Submit select chat messages to chat bot
- Other (create an inbound or outbound webhooks, or a local application):
- Local application
- Outbound webhook
- Inbound webhook
Each case (or a scenario) has the REST request builder 1 used for selecting required parameter values to be used in external systems:
REST API method can be selected in the request builder, with method description displayed, custom parameters added and completed code example available for download (an example already has necessary parameters to execute requests). The request can be executed and result retrieved, checking the webhook operation in the same menu.
Access permission setup 2 allows permitting request execution using only specific Bitrix24 tools.
After saving, the created apps and webhooks will be displayed in the Integrations tab.
All created Bitrix24 account integrations (webhooks and applications) are collectively listed on a page:
This list shows the following integration data:
- Access permission scope
Display of required fields can be configured in the upper left corner of the list by clicking at
Also, integration settings editing can be accessed from this list (or delete it).
Secret codes for webhooks of other users
are unavailable for even a Bitrix24 user with administrator access permissions. When an administrator edits a webhook of another user, the secret key is reset and this administrator becomes this webhook's owner.
More details on secret URL code
URL consists of the following:
- bitrix24.com.business.portal - your Bitrix24 address name
- /rest - indication that webhook operation is performed via REST
- /1 - user ID who created the webhook
- /173glortu42lvpju - secret key
- /crm.contact.get - a called method
Bitrix24 includes a cloud-based and self-hosted software products, created by Bitrix24, inc.
Developers can create custom applications or integrations for Bitrix24 by using an open REST API that operates with both Bitrix24 Cloud and Self-hosted.
In this case - method that returns a contact by an ID
- .json - optional parameter ("transport"). may be skipped when creating new webhooks (uses .json by default). Indicates .json directly for complete software solutions
- ?ID=42 - parameters, necessary for a specific method. In this case, an indentifier. Parameters are indicated after a question mark and are separated by & character.
This section displays total number of your Bitrix24 daily REST requests. Detailed statistics for each webhook, external integration or application are available as well: