Last Modified: 07.09.2020
There are two options you can use with REST API to expand Bitrix24 features: local applications and custom webhooks.
Local applications are best suited for UI-based solutions:
- additional handlers to provide company specific business logic;
- solutions requiring user access management;
- chat bots and Bitrix24 instant messenger add-ons;
- additional actions for Bitrix24 workflows.
Local applications support all of the REST API features and call REST methods via the OAuth 2.0 protocol. However, they can be installed only on a specific instance of Bitrix24 and will not appear in the Applications catalog. You need to have administrative privileges to add a local application.
Important! To provide a streamlined and uniform user experience, it is highly recommended that your application's UI follows the look and feel of Bitrix24.
Learn how to create and quickly deploy a local application based solution.
Webhooks feature is an ideal solution to:
- perform a one-time data export or import;
- implement simple integrations with external and private, business specific systems (ERP, time management, software and hardware monitoring systems etc.);
- automate lead and deal processing (CRM automation rule triggers and actions);
Webhooks are generally simpler to implement because they don’t require OAuth 2.0. User can add their own custom webhooks; REST API calls on these webhooks will inherit user (owner) permissions.
Learn how to create and deploy a webhook based solution.