Views: 406 (Data available since 06.02.2017)
Last Modified: 10.10.2012
If you have left the Run Bitrix Site Manager option checked on the last screen of the installation wizard, the system will be started automatically right after the wizard is closed.
When the system is starting, it opens a browser window in which you will continue the installation and configuration of Bitrix Site Manager. The browser side installation includes two steps. The first step is fully automated and equivalent to the step 6 of the Bitrix Site Manager installation wizard (see Step 6. System installation). After the installation is complete, the system will move to the final step in which the system administrator account is created (see Step 7. Creating an administrator's account) and then runs the Installing Solutions.
You can run Bitrix Site Manager:
- by activating the shortcut on the Desktop (if you have chosen to create it);
- using the Start menu (Start -> Programs -> Bitrix Web Environment -> Bitrix Web Environment);
- by running BitrixEnv.exe located in the system installation folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Bitrix Environment\)
Using the Taskbar Icon
After the system has been launched, the Bitrix Web Environment icon becomes visible in the system tray.
When visible, this icon indicates that all the applications required by the system are up and running. You can now start working with Bitrix Site Manager.
- Right-click on the icon to bring up the context menu.
The menu includes the following commands:
- Open: opens the public section (i.e. the index page visible to visitors) of the site in your browser;
- About: navigates to the Bitrix company site;
- Exit: closes all the applications required by Bitrix Site Manager (web server, database etc.).