Last Modified: 26.09.2017
The wizard allows to manage the work of XMPP and SMTP services via Cron. This could be required if there is a need to distribute jabber- and e-mail messages - if there is no activity on the site, i. e. all events of site operate on hits.
The following steps are required to setup such management configuration:
- Launch the wizard 6. Manage sites in the pool > 8 Configure optional services (xmppd|smtpd) for site from the administrative menu:
- Next, indicate:
- Enter site-name - site name;
- Enter service name - xmppd or smtpd service name.
- Confirm services activation via Cron:
- After completion of this task, jabber-notifications and messages will be sent as per cron-schedule, independently from the activity on the site.
The same procedure is used to disable these options:
Attention! Task execution may take a rather long time (up to 2-3 hours and more) depending on the task complexity, data volume used in such tasks, capacity and server load. You can check the currently executed tasks by using menu item 5. Background tasks in the pool > 1. View running tasks. If task completion log files are needed to be reviewed, they are located in the following directory