Views: 6859 (Data available since 06.02.2017)
Bitrix24 allows to use Telephony for business purposes. Bitrix24 Telephony service uses WebRTC technology that permits making and answering calls directly from a browser that supports this technology. This technology is supported by the following browsers with versions not lower than: Google Chrome v29, Mozilla Firefox v27, Opera v18 . Unfortunately, Internet Explorer does not support WebRTC.
The use of Telephony requires correct settings of the local network from which the calls are made. There are specific requirements as to the settings for each type of call. These requirements are set forth on the pages with a description of each specific way to make a call. However, there are also general requirements. To ensure correct operation, the following ports and addresses should be open in your network:
Requirements for addresses from Voximplant company:
- ports: 443 TCP, 1935 TCP, 5060 TCP, 5060 UDP, 1935 UDP, 3478 UDP, 8000-48000 UDP.
Voximplant recommended addresses:
- ports 3478, 30000-40000 UDP must be open for the address: turn.calls.bitrix24.com
Note: These requirements are applicable to firewall and antivirus.
All outgoing calls must be dialed using the international (country) codes, even if it would otherwise be a local call. So the number in user profiles and in CRM objects must be shown in full, with country code.
- 00 < country code> < area code or city code > < phone number >
- + < country code> < area code or city code > < phone number >
For Telephony to function properly (mobile Telephony, Telephony in a browser and Desktop App), it is necessary for the user's operating system to have the current time setting configured correctly. Administrator has to check, if the time sync is enabled in the users' OS settings or to synchronise the local time server.
Voice and video calls from Instant Messenger or Desktop application within the company
It is the most simple and accessible way of communication. No settings are required from the user or portal administrator. Everything works out of the box and for free. A microphone and a video camera are required to make voice and video calls. Group video calls are possible (for up to 4 participants).
The disadvantages of this means include a limitation of the possible callers – only users of your portal (including Extranet users) and contacts from Bitrix24.Network can take part in the calls. In addition, these calls cannot be recorded by using the standard methods of Bitrix24.
IP telephony is a further development of the voice and video calls technology. It has more possibilities compared with voice and video calls and is implemented from Business chat or Desktop application. This method permits you to call any landline and mobile telephones.
Unlike voice calls, IP telephony is a paid service implemented using the service provider Voximplant
Only outbound calls can be made without leasing a separate telephone number. If inbound calls are needed, you have to rent a telephone number. There is an option to hide the rented number and replace it for your client to any existing office number.
Using this telephony you have an opportunity to create convenient rules for call processing: routing and saving conversation records. Routing permits:
- Forward an incoming call to a specific employee;
- Forward a call to a manager assigned to this number;
- Set up a queue of employee and a number of tones before forwarding to an employee next in the queue;
- Indicate to the service what to do if no employee from the queue responds the incoming call.
The rates are set separately for Russia, the CIS, Europe, and the US. Payment for traffic is made to the VoxImplant service provider through Bitrix24.
Bitrix24 makes it possible for you to keep an itemization of calls with a possibility to view the date, time, and cost of the call and have a record file. The call record is managed by the portal administrator. A large archive of records may significantly reduce the free space on the disk.
Extranet users cannot make calls using your portal.
IP Telephony Using SIP PBX
There is a possibility to connect office or cloud PBX to your portal. In this case, your existing office numbers are used and displayed for your clients as before. Once this integration is completed, users of the portal start using microphones on their computers instead of IP telephones.
This type of telephony also permits making free incoming calls. A paid monthly license is required only for outbound calls; payment for traffic is made according to the rates of your service providers through the payment systems of the communication service providers.
Telephony using SIP PBX permits:
- Forward all incoming calls to the portal of Bitrix24. Calls are identified, processed according to your rules, entered in CRM, and recorded. They can be consulted when necessary.
- Making outgoing calls from Bitrix24 using the channels connected to your SIP PBX with entering in CRM and processing in the same way as with the incoming calls.
Disadvantages of such integration:
- Internal part of the existing SIP PBX is completely removed from operation. (It is considered only from the point of view of a unit responsible for external lines)
- Additional charges apply.