Views: 3163 (Data available since 06.02.2017)
Last Modified: 10.10.2012
An order property is the input field (or control) that a customer has to fill (or select) when placing an order.
Configuring property groups
First of all, before you start creating properties, you need to elaborate on groups in which the properties will join. Grouping is used for displaying forms in the public section to enhance the visual aspect and user experience. For example, the Location group was created for the Legal entity payer type. This group contains 4 properties that a customer has to fill in:
To create a property group, open e-Store –> e-Store Settings –> Order properties –> Property groups.
Click New group on the context toolbar and create a new group (type Delivery address in the group name text field) for the Small business payer type:
Now we can create properties for this group. For example, create the Location property. Properties can be created here: e-Store –> e-Store Settings –> Order properties –> Properties.
Click New property and choose Small business in the menu - this will create a property bound to that payer type. The property creation form will open.
Fill in the form fields as shown below:
Consider the following remarks when creating a property.
- The field Name specifies the name of the field as it will be displayed to a customer.
- In the field Type, select the type of the control:
- The Required field specifies that a customer must provide a value in the field..
Note that fields whose option Use as... are required regardless of setting of this field.
- The Sorting index field specifies the "weight" of the property. You can use this field to set the order in which the fields will be displayed in the public section.
- If the option Include in profile is marked, the property will be added to a customer's profile.
A user profile
is a set of properties that, once provided, are saved and can be used in subsequent orders. It means that a customer will not have to fill in the same fields again and again on every order. Instead, a customer can choose one of the stored profiles:
Customers can edit their profiles in the personal section.
- In the Property group list, choose one of the property groups that exist for a current payer type. (Clicking on Property groups >> opens a page with all existing property groups).
- Use as location: specifies that the value of the property is the base for the calculation of delivery price. This option is enabled for LOCATION properties only.
You must create at least one property whose Use as location option is marked. Otherwise, a delivery service processor will not be able to run. We shall return to delivery services later.
- Use as tax location means, if marked, that the value of the property is the base for the tax rate calculation. This option is enabled for LOCATION properties only.
You must create at least one property whose Use as tax location option is marked. Otherwise, calculations will not include taxes. We shall return to this point later.
The other options include the following.