Launch of Bitrix Virtual Appliance
- Download the distributive of a Bitrix Virtual Appliance.
- Extract files from the downloaded archive to any folder, for example,
C:\BitrixVA\, and launch Virtual Appliance via suitable software:
- During the first launch of Virtual Appliance, the program will prompt you to change password for both root and bitrix users:
Note: Password bitrix is configured for root user.
- Indicate the
root login in the localhost login, and indicate the password
bitrix in Password field.
- Indicate the current password (
bitrix) in the (current) UNIX password line and press Enter.
- Input new password in the Enter new UNIX password line and press Enter.
- Retype the new password in the Retype new UNIX password line and press Enter.
Similarly, change bitrix user password:
Note: It is possible to change bitrix user password later at the virtual server control panel via menu 1. Create Management pool of server - Change bitrix password.
- Further, it is mandatorily required to create the server control pool via the menu 1. Create Management pool of server.
In BitrixVA version 7.x+
the pool is created on a mandatory basis (
1. Create Management pool of server). Pool configuration manager opens all the necessary ports in CentOS for the services of Bitrix24 products to operate correctly.
- Virtual server is ready for further use.
- After all server settings are configured, don't forget to exit the root account for security purposes:
- Exit to console, by selecting 0. Exit in the menu (or press Ctrl+C)
- Then, run the
How to manage BitrixEnv
To proceed to execution of any action in the Virtual Appliance, please input the number and press Enter. For example, to configure virtual server, input 2 in the (Manage localhost) line and press Enter.
To return to your OS, press Ctrl+Alt (VMWare Player).
To return from shell (if you have pressed 0. Exit) back to Virtual Appliance menu and select the following command in console:
If problems occur with VMWare Player
network adapter, it is necessary to go to network adapter settings (Virtual Machine > Removable Devices > Network Adapter > Settings...
), select one of modes (Bridged
and re-launch virtual server, by selecting 2. Manage localhost > 4. Reboot server