VA allows for the fast deployment of web-server clusterization in Bitrix Site Manager and Bitrix24 Self-hosted.
Upon splitting the project into several websites you need to solve two tasks:
- Data (file) synchronization between servers
- Load balance between servers
. To clusterize the web-server you need the Web Cluster
module that is not included in all the editions of Bitrix products.
To create a web-server:
- Select menu item 8. Manage web nodes in the pool > 1. Create web instance on server, :
- Type the host name in the pool where the web-server is created in (here – server5):
- Wait until the web-server creation task is completed.
To remove the web-server:
- Select menu item 8. Manage web nodes in the pool > 2. Remove web instance on server.
- Type the hostname of the web-server to be removed (e.g. server1):
- Wait until the web-server removal task is completed.
- Finally, you have one web-server on the server5 machine:
Thus, we migrated the web-server from the server1 to server5 machine and cleared the server1 machine resources for other roles.
Note. Task execution may take a rather long time (up to 2-3 hours and more) depending on the task complexity, data volume used in such tasks, capacity and server load. You can check the currently executed tasks by using menu item 5. Background tasks in the pool > 1. View running tasks.