Views: 18809 (Data available since 06.02.2017)
Last Modified: 22.11.2013
The More link can be used to specify additional task parameters:
- enter the task name. This field is required;
- in the Responsible Person field, select an employee who is going to fulfil the task:
- by picking an employee from the recently used names:
- by browsing the company structure:
- by live searching for a person by their name:
To change the responsible person, just select another one.
- To assign the task to more than one employee, check the box Duplicate the task and choose multiple responsible persons and click the Change Responsible Persons link to show the employee selector:
Select the desired responsible persons just by clicking their names. To remove a responsible person from the selection, click beside the person’s name:
Once you have selected the responsible persons, click .
Note that when using multiple participants, a copy of the task is created for each of them, each subtask being a child of the master task:
The icon denotes that the task is duplicated for each of the participants.
The Observers mini-form contains the persons who will receive notifications (PM’s) about the task progress.
To start the task again after a required time period, use the Repeat task option.
Sometimes a task must not start until another task is completed and closed. If this is the case, use the Previous Tasks link to specify the task dependencies.
The Parent Task link allows to select a task to which the current task will be related as child. In other words, if you select a parent task, the current task will become a subtask of the former.
Subtasks come in handy when a strict control is required over complex and sophisticated tasks. Such tasks can be split into several simple ones thereby streamlining the task workflow. What is more important, the subtasks can be assigned to different employees or departments which brings the flexibility of the underlying business process to a higher level.