Last Modified: 10.10.2012
You can assign the file and folder access permissions in the Site Explorer:
Content ->Site Explorer.
You can view the access permission of a certain user group by selecting it in the drop-down menu Show access permissions for on the context toolbar:
Do the following to change permissions of a user group to access files and/or folders:
User groups can have the following access permissions:
- Deny: members of a user group is not permitted and is not able to access a given file or folder;
- Read: members of a user group view a given file or folder in the public section;
- Write: users can edit files and save changes;
- Full access: users can edit files and folders; they can control access permissions of other user groups to these elements;
- Inherit: files and folders will be assigned the same permission as the parent folders.
: To set the access permission for a current directory (e.g. root folder), click the Folder properties
button on the context toolbar.
Nested files and folders can inherit access permissions from the parent folder.
, let us give members of the Partners
user group a permission to manage the Company
folder). All other files and sections are to be made available only for reading. To do so:
- Assign the Read permission to the Partners user group for the root folder.
- Assign the Inherit permission for all nested files and folders except the /about/ folder.
- Assign the Write permission for the /about/ folder to the Partners user group.
Finally, set the permissions for all the child elements of the /about/ folder to Inherit.
As a result, members of the Site editors
user group are permitted to view all files in
the public section, and create and edit subfolders and files in the Company