Last Modified: 10.10.2012
After a customer has placed an order, it can be viewed it in the Control Panel (e-Store -> Orders):
Depending on the user group permissions, a currently authorised user can perform different operations on the orders. For example, the e-Store administrators have full access to order processing. User group permissions can be configured to enable managers to view the order details, change the status, print receipts etc.
The order access permissions can be configured in the e-Store module settings (Permissions for orders tab), for each site individually.
The user access permissions can be customised on the Access tab.
The following access levels can be assigned to user groups:
- The Read only allows members of a given user group to view all information (client profiles, affiliates, orders, settings etc.) but not edit.
- Setting the permission to Manage orders enables users to edit the order parameters and client profiles. Any other information and settings are read-only.
The accessible subset of order parameters is defined by the order status.
- Full access means that all information and settings of all areas of the e-store are allowed to be modified. You are recommended to give this permission to the site administrator only.
The order statuses
The order statuses indicate stages of an order during processing. They serve as indicators that inform clients and managers about the current state of an order. You can create as many statuses as you need to reflect the order processing flow. For example: Accepted, Processing etc.
The status management form can be accessed here: e-Store -> e-Store settings -> Statuses:
The following two statuses are preset and cannot be deleted:
- N - initial status (the default name is Accepted), indicates that the order has been received by the e-store;
- F - final status (the default name is Delivered), indicates that the order items has been paid and delivered to the customer.
The following figure shows the order editing form:
Consider the following when editing the status parameters.
- Code is a unique abbreviation of a status, in the form of a single letter.
- The Sorting index field specifies the status weight, which defines the position of a given status in the list.
- The status Name and Description must be provided for each language in the system.
- The Access permissions section contains user groups for which the Manage orders access level is set in the module settings. This allows to fine-tune the order processing options for these user groups.
In the example, the e-store managers is allowed to manage orders. These two groups are displayed in the status editing form. You can allow or disallow them to toggle the order flags (cancelled; delivered; paid).
User groups with these permissions can change the flags on the order details page, which can be accessed by selecting the View order details command from the action menu of a required order in the Orders form:
Assume that an order has the Accepted status. Traits of the active status (the one in which an order is) define the permissions that are currently applied to an order.
In the example, all possible options of the Accepted status are enabled for the e-Store Administrators user group. For example, this allows an administrator to cancel an order by clicking Change flag:
This opens a new field in which the administrator can describe reasons of cancellation.
Click Change to actually toggle the flag state. Finally, click To view mode to revert the form back to the original mode.
Similarly, you can change the payment state in the Payment section:
Or the Delivery allowed flag in the Delivery service section:
| ||Bitrix Site Manager enables developers to use custom order view forms. A custom form can be created nearly in the same way as an information block element editing form. When a form is ready, specify its address in the Custom order view form field of the e-Store module settings.|