Bitrix products allow the use of a memcached servers pool to work with data cache.
- High productivity – due to the centralized usage of cache by web-application;
- Reliability – due to the ability to withstand the cache subsystem to the faults of separate components;
- Unlimited scalability – due to the addition of new memcached-servers.
. To use the memcached
server pool you need the Web Cluster
module which is not included in all the editions of Bitrix products.
Create a memcached server
To create a slave MySQL server:
- Select menu item 4. Configure memcached servers > 1. Create memcached server.
- Type the host name in the pool where the memcached server is started (here – server2):
- Wait until the memcached server startup task is completed:
Remove the memcached server
To remove the memcached server:
- Select menu item 4. Configure memcached servers > 3. Remove memcached server:
- Type the host name of the memcached server to be removed (e.g. server5):
- Wait until the memcached server removal task is completed.
Note. Task execution may take a rather long time (up to 2-3 hours and more) depending on the task complexity, data volume used in such tasks, capacity and server load. You can check the currently executed tasks by using menu item 5. Background tasks in the pool > 1. View running tasks.