For site migration from the host or local server to a virtual machine you need:
- Site archive;
- Configured virtual machine (see
Installation of the VA VMware Edition for more details)
- Create site archive on Backup page (Control Panel > Settings > Tools > Backup > Create Backup):
- The site archive may be saved in Bitrix Cloud;
Note: the copy option in Bitrix Cloud is only available for users with an active license. In addition, for safety’s sake, all backup copies of the site are always encrypted before they are sent to Bitrix Cloud. Bitrix, Inc. cannot recover or change the password! Be careful, the archive cannot be recovered without the password!
- Or in the site folder (site archive will be saved in the /bitrix/backup/ folder of the hosting with a unique filename).
- Advanced backup settings can be selected in the tab Parameters
Note: to ensure data safety, it is recommended to enable the option Encrypt archive data and enter a password for the site archive.
- After the successful creation of the site archive it will be available on the page View existing backups (Settings > Tools > View Existing backups). All backups will be shown here:
- Then, you will have to Get the link for migration using the action menu:
and copy it to the exchange buffer in the window that opens:
- The site archive may also be downloaded to a local computer using the Download menu option.
Restoring the Website
- Start up the preset virtual machine BitrixVA (see the lesson Installation of the VA VMware Edition).
- Enter http://virtual_machine_address/ in the browser address bar (you may indicate a domain or IP address).
- The Birtix product installation wizard will open. Choose the option of Restore Project:
Note: it is also possible to download the archive from Bitrix Cloud (a license key with a valid license is needed) or from a local computer, if such means were selected at the stage of creating the site archive.
- If the archive was encrypted, password prompting appears following the archive download.
- After that, a database connection must be set up:
Default MySQL connection settings in the BitrixVA virtual machine are as follows:
- Server: localhost
- DB user: root
- Password: <empty>
- DB name: sitemager0
Specific database name may also be indicated, if necessary. In this case, the option Create database must be additionally selected if no database exists as yet.
For safety, having successfully restoring database, please Delete archive and temporary scripts by clicking the button with the same name.
- The Bitrix product migration to the BitrixVA virtual machine is now completed.