Last Modified: 27.08.2014
The use of Sphinx as a search engine will permit to significantly increase search speed and reduce the server load.
For its setup, please do the following:
- Install and update the project up to the latest version available;
- In the virtual machine menu, choose option 7. Manage sphinx in the pool > 1. Create sphinx instance on server:
- Then, input the hostname where the sphinx search server will be started on (here server2):
- Select the site system core data base from the list:
- Confirm the startup of full reindexation after the installation of the sphinx server:
- Wait until the sphinx installation and reindexation task is completed:
Note. Task execution may take a rather long time (up to 2-3 hours and more) depending on the task complexity, data volume used in such tasks, capacity and server load. You can check the currently executed tasks by using menu item 5. Background tasks in the pool > 1. View running tasks.
. For description of the manual set up of the Sphinx
search engine see this