Last Modified: 12.01.2023
VMBitrix v7.5.х (Stable version)
List of updates v7.5.2 (May 2022)
– Fixed issue adding a slave MySQL.
List of updates v7.5.1 (April 2022)
– php 7.4
– nginx 1.20.2
– Now PHP 7.4 is used by default.
– Added option to update PHP to version 8.1.
– Added option to reduce PHP version from 8.1 to a lower version.
– By default, VMBitrix repository main address updated to a new one. It's activated while updating archives, upon installation of virtual appliances using sh-scripts, when enabling/disabling beta-repository.
List of updates v7.5.0 (March 2021)
– ansible 2.7.9
– php 7.3
– nginx 1.18.0
– nodejs 10
– push-server 2.0.0
– Fixed virtual appliance operational scenarios for a new ansible version.
– Now uses PHP 7.3 by default.
– Added option to update PHP to version 7.3.
– Added option to update PHP to version 7.4 (for CentOS 7 only).
– Added option to update PHP to version 8.0 (for CentOS 7 only).
– Added option to reduce PHP version from 8.0 (for CentOS 7 only).
– Deleted deprecated PHP option
– Added option to update PHP at the specified server in cluster.
– Added option to update PHP on all server in cluster with role
– Added option to update MySQL at the specified server in cluster.
– Improved virtual appliance updates and rollback menu for PHP and MySQL version. Now menu requires a pool server name.
– Improved virtual appliance updates and rollback menu for PHP and MySQL version. Added subsections Upgrade PHP, Downgrade PHP, Upgrade MySQL version.
– Now, when increasing and reducing PHP version, possible variants of actions inside each subsection are built dynamically and depend on the current version. For example, current PHP 7.2 version: there are several variants available to upgrade PHP from 7.3 or 7.4; for PHP downgrade – reduce to 5.6 or 7.0, or 7.1.
– Added option to update MySQL Percona Server to version 8.0 (for CentOS 7 only).
– Now you can install virtual appliance with sh-script to a empty CentOS with version MySQL 8.0, using the parameter
-m 8.0 (for CentOS 7 only).
– Fixed scenarios for virtual appliance for new version MySQL 8.0 (for CentOS 7 only).
– Corrected replication scenarios for MySQL versions 5.7 and 8.0.
– Corrected update scenarios for legacy versions for environments, using PHP 5.6 and MySQL 5.5.
– nginx updated to version 1.18.0.
– Now versions TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are disabled in nginx settings.
– Now you can add your own nginx config to site settings. Personal nginx configurations for site must be located at the path
– Implemented setting for temporary files storage outside project root directory. For "default" site type and for new sites, this setting is used by default. Added option to enable settings via virtual appliance menu for already available sites.
– Fixed issue found in httpd configuration, occurring when setting up NTLM for site in encoding windows-1251.
– Fixed issue deleting temporary files, created when setting up site NTLM.
– Fixed issue found in sites operating with encoding windows-1251.
– Now when creating site in encoding windows-1251 in dbconn.php the string
mb_internal_encoding('windows-1251'); is added.
– Removed option
Indexes from config files for httpd service.
– Fixed scenarios for «external kernel» (ext_kernel) type sites and "link to external kernel" (link).
– Now you can create a push server settings in file
/bitrix/.settings.php for "external kernel" (ext_kernel) site type, when using NodeJS Push-server.
– By default, access to VMBitrix repositories has been moved to HTTPS. It's activated in the following cases: when updating archives, when installing VAs using sh-scripts, when enabling/disabling beta repository.
– Fixed issue showing hints for sh-scripts when launching with parameter
push-server now installs NodeJS version 10.
– Archive push-server is updated, minor issues fixed.
– Fixed issue found in role
push, occurring due to redis archive update.
– Fixed issue setting up monitoring and display of load schedules.
– Implemented security improvement changes (config files nginx, httpd, php, ssh).
– Added new role
transformer, intended for local conversion of documents and video files (for CentOS 7 only). Modules transformer 20.100.0 and transformercontroller 20.100.0 are required for the launch and operation.
transformer is now available only in VMBitrix.
– Now before launching the role
transformer issues a notification about installed software.
– Now supporting all current Amazon S3 regions for quick files transfer using nginx.
– Now, mail settings adds a string
aliases /etc/aliases to the file .msmtprc.
– CentOS 6 is no longer supported. This VMBitrix version release is the last for this OS.
– Fixed issue viewing files in mobile applications with connected cloud storage.
– Fixed issue in task for updating all virtual appliance archives at the step of deleting legacy OS kernels.
– Fixed issue enabling PHP-extension imagick.
– Fixed issue verifying a site due to MySQL setting
– Fixed issue committing of virtual appliance configuration files by etckeeper (conflict due to daily autocommit).
BitrixVM/BitrixEnv v7.4.х (Stable version)
List of updates v7.4.4 (November 2020)
– Deprecated option PHP
mbstring.func_overload has been deleted.
Main module updates (main 20.100.0) requires a deleted option
mbstring.func_overload. This option is no longer required and is not longer supported.
List of updates v7.4.3 (November 2019)
– php 7.2
– nginx 1.16.1
– PHP 7.2 supported by default.
– Brotli module added to nginx (for CentOS 7 only).
– fixed issue updating images for VirtualBox (MySQL issue slowed down the process).
– fixed phrase issue when attempting to install VA environment via sh-script for CentOS 8.
List of updates v7.4.2 (October 2019)
– Updated Let's Encrypt certificate issuing server, now using the version API v2. API v1 will be finally disabled by Let's Encrypt from 31 October 2019.
List of updates v7.4.1 (August 2019)
– Fixed issue defining mysql service status for CentOS 6 when init.d script is called mysql.
– Fixed issue updating ssl certificate upon chain retrieving.
– Fixed issue updating file
ssl_options.conf for nginx service during packet update.
List of updates v7.4.0 (July 2019)
– nginx 1.16.0
– nginx updated to version 1.16.0, added TLS 1.3 support.
– PageSpeed module added to the nginx build (only for CentOS 7).
– Updated site settings due to deprecated option
ssl on for nginx version 1.16.0 and higher.
– Added svg and woff2 to pass via nginx.
– Fixed automatic detection of an IP address change for network interface.
– Fixed push-server operational issues after IP address change.
– Fixed behaviour when the file
resolv.conf was cleaned when configuring network interface and DNS server is specified.
– Fixed some phrases in the Virtual Appliance menu.
– Added option to update PHP to version 7.2.
– Added option to enable/disable additional PHP modules in the menu (curl, zip, dom, phar, xdebug, imagick).
– Fixed configuration files for the environment: replaced legacy option
mbstring.internal_encoding for the PHP version 7.0 and higher.
– OpenVZ: fixed virtual appliance installation and config in OpenVZ environment.
– OpenVZ: fixed issue launching the monitoring role services in OpenVZ environment.
– Fixed virtual appliance installation and config for OS that have fully or partially missing iptables-modules.
– Added option to select network firewall for CentOS 7 with initial installation via sh-scripts. Added options:
-F will use firewalld,
-I will use iptables. Uses iptables by default.
– Fixed percona-release issue found when installing the environment via sh-script to a cleanCentOS 6 or 7.
– Fixed issue when updating virtual appliances and updating percona-release package.
– Fixed link to the percona-release package in tasks of MySQL section.
– Added option to configure and rollback ssl-certifiates for push-server, configured via nginx-push-stream-module.
– Fixed Lets Encrypt certificate rollback procedure: certificate is deleted for all sites where it is used; its reference deleted from dehydrated settings.
– Fixed auto-extension procedure for Lets Encrypt certificates.
– Fixed issues found in nagios and munin config with enabled monitoring.
– Fixed the load diagram and data display for munin service on CentOS 7.
– NTLM site settings now use SSL site certificate in the following cases: NTLM configured, configure SSL site certificate; SSL site certificate is configured, configure NTLM.
– Fixed procedure for connecting of host to ActiveDirectory.
– Added option to use existing NTLM settings for new sites.
– Reduced maximum number of OS kernels from 5 to 3.
– Fixed httpd config update with the default deleted site.
– Fixed crond server start when installing environment via sh-script on CentOS 6.
– Fixed asynchronous behavior issue when the file
/etc/localtime is missing.
– Fixed issue with missing localhost settings menu when the configured network interface (IP address) is not available.
– Fixed issues in the Sphinx enabling wizard.
– Availability of folder
ext_kernel site type now is optional for the
link site type.
– Virtual Hardware Version upgraded to version 12 in the image files for VMWare and ESXi/vSphere.
– Fixed image file performance issues for 5th generation VMs in Amazon EC2.
Now Iptables will be always used by default for new builds and images.
If you have an old image or build version older than 7.4.0, then nothing will change: iptables for CentOS 6, firewalld for CentOS 7.
But when you have a new build or image:
- CentOS 6 (only VMBitrix)
iptables still continues to act as a default network firewall for this CentOS version. Even if the firewalld is forcibly installed on CentOS 6 (command
./bitrix-env-beta.sh -F), then iptables will still be installed anyway.
- CentOS 7 (VMBitrix)
iptables becomes the new default network firewall. Launching the installation script without parameters (
./bitrix-env-crm-beta.sh) will install iptables.
When the firewalld is required, add the parameter
-F when installing the package:
./bitrix-env-beta.sh -F or
There are 4 type of network firewall (also known as netfilter) available for OpenVZ environment: disabled, stateless, stateful, full.
Using firtewalld in the OpenVZ stateful environment depends on kernel modules that are connected to the system. When the virtual appliance detects errors in the launch of firewalld within the stateful environment, it will forcibly enable iptables.
All the rest of cases will use iptables (stateless, disabled).
BitrixVM/BitrixEnv v7.4.1х (BETA version)
List of updates v7.4.11 (February 2020)
– Now supporting PHP update to version 7.3.
– Now supporting PHP update to version 7.4 (only for Centos 7).
– Virtual appliance menu now have updated section for updating or rolling back PHP and MySQL versions. Added subsections: Upgrade PHP, Downgrade PHP, Upgrade MySQL version.
– When updating or downgrading PHP version, several actions inside each subsection can be dynamically generated depending on current version.
For example, the current version is PHP 7.2. There are options to Upgrade PHP to version 7.3 or 7.4, or for Downgrade PHP – to roll back to earlier versions 5.6, 7.0 or 7.1.
– nginx settings now have TLS versions 1.0 and 1.1 disabled.
– Fixed issues found in site operation and handling of windows-1251 encoding.
– Fixed a httpd configuration issue, encountered when configuring NTLM for site that use windows-1251 encoding.
– Fixed issue deleting temporary files that are created when configuring NTLM for site.
– Intermediary steps in PHP upgrading and downgrading were removed. For example, 7.0 -> 7.4 or 7.3 -> 7.1 now are completed in a single step.
– PHP cannot be updated to version 7.4 for CentOS 6, community doesn't collect php packages for this version.
– PHP version can be downgraded only to version 7.1.
– Subsection Upgrade MySQL version will be displayed only if you have an old version MySQL 5.5 MariaDB.
List of updates v7.4.10 (December 2019)
– ansible 2.7.9
– Fixed scenarios for Virtual Appliance under new ansible version.
– Implemented option to add custom nginx configs to site settings. Personal nginx configs for site must be located at the path
– Implemented temporary file storage setting outside root project directory. This setting is used by default for default site type and for new sites. Existing sites have the option to enable settings using virtual appliance menu.
– Fixed issue viewing files in mobile app when cloud storage is connected.
– Fixed issue updating all packages of Virtual Appliance on the step of deleting old operation system kernels.
– Fixed issue encountered when enabling imagick php expansion.
– Fixed issue encountered during site check due to MySQL setting
– Fixed issue, encountered when committing virtual appliance config files by etckeeper (conflict due to daily autocommit).
– Fixed scenarios handling links and ext_kernel sites.
– Added creating server push settings in the file
/bitrix/.settings.php for ext_kernel site, when using NodeJS Push server.
BitrixVM/BitrixEnv v7.3.1x (BETA version)
List of updates v7.3.13 beta (January 2019)
- OpenVZ: fixed installation and setup of virtual appliance on the OpenVZ environment.
- OpenVZ: fixed issue booting servers for monitoring role.
- Fixed installation and setup of virtual appliance on CentOS when iptables modules are partially or completely missing.
- Added option to select network firewall for CentOS 7 during initial installation via sh-scripts. Added options:
-F firewalld is used,
-I iptables is used. Iptables are used by default.
- Fixed data and server load diagram display for munin service on CentOS 7.
- Fixed issue launching crond service when installing virtual environment via sh-script on CentOS 6.
- Fixed percona-release package issue, when installing virtual environment via sh-script on CentOS 6 or 7.
List of updates v7.3.12 beta (November 2018)
- Added option to update PHP to version 7.2.
- Fixed environment configuration files: legacy option
mbstring.internal_encoding is replaced for PHP 7.0 and higher.
- nginx updated to version 1.14.1, added TLS 1.3 support.
List of updates v7.3.11 beta (September 2018)
- Added enabling and disabling of additional PHP modules in menu (curl, zip, dom, phar, xdebug, imagick).
- Reduced maximum number of operating system kernels from 5 to 3.
- Fixed the httpd configuration update with default-site deleted.
List of updates v7.3.10 beta (August 2018)
- Fixed automatic detection of IP update for the network interface.
- Fixed issue with push-server after individual IP update.
- Fixed behaviour when DNS server was specified and resolv.conf file was cleaned in the network interface settings.
- Fixed same phrases in the virtual appliance menu.
How to install BitrixEnv beta version.