There are a few methods for sharing files in Bitrix24:
Attaching a file to a post in the Activity Stream
To attach a file to a message in the Activity Stream, enter the recipients (the default is set for everyone) and click the paper clip to open the file upload interface. Upload a file or files by dragging them fr om your file manager onto the upload interface or by clicking on the interface and browsing to the file(s). After the file is uploaded, you will be able to choose wh ere it should be saved (in the message itself, in your personal files, in a group or in Shared Documents).
When the message is sent, each addressee receives notification via Instant Messenger and the post will appear in the Activity Stream only of addressees. Access to the message itself and the attached file will be granted only to users shown in the To: field. After the message is sent, users can view the file and discuss it directly in the Activity Stream. If the file is saved in a document library, discussion can likewise go on in the documentТs detail page.
Creating of an УexternalФ link
Bitrix24 has a new function which allows the creation of an УexternalФ link to a particular file, so that it can be shared with external users. This means that users can use their personal library, group libraries (including in the extranet) and the Shared Documents library as a file exchange tool, providing access to chosen files to anyone who is not user of the intranet itself.
There are security measures, of course Ц access can require a password and can be limited to a set time frame. Using this function, you can avoid using external resources for storing data and lighten the load on your corporate mail server.
- Any user with read access to the file can create a Сpublic accessТ link to it.
- All document library types (personal, groups including extranet groups, and global) have this capability.
- Access to a file can be limited by time and protected by a password.
- A single file can have several different access links created to it which work under different passwords or time limits. These links can be created by a single intranet user or by multiple users with access to the document.
- Links can be closed at any time from the document library.
4 steps to open an external file:
- In the list from the context menu, there is the option: Share this item
- Set the access parameters in the dialog that appears (time restrictions and a password, if necessary)
- A link is created for external access to the given file;
- The link is shared by email, IM, or social network with the person to whom access should be given.
Sending a link to a file
If a document is already located in a library and you need to point it out to a colleague, you can either send a message from the Activity Stream and attach the file via the Уselect document from libraryФ link in the upload interface, or a link to the document can be obtained from the action button in the library and sent.
Files can also be attached to tasks, meetings, work reports and CRM elements.