Last Modified: 24.05.2019
Bitrix24 can be used as an online service or as a ‘box’ product – that is, installed on your own server (or that of your hosting provider). Read the blog post for an in-depth description of the difference between these two options from a feature standpoint.
If you need a higher level of customization, corporate branding or integration with other enterprise software, your Bitrix24 Intranet can be migrated from the cloud to your on-premise server and deployed using the Bitrix24 Self-Hosted license.
Backing-up your Cloud project and migrating it to the Self-hosted version is free of charge and can be performed only once for 1 Cloud project / 1 commercial license key of your Self-hosted project. We kindly ask you to comply with the following prerequisites:
- You will have to give your permission to prepare your data for migration when contacting our helpdesk. After you have confirmed your permission, the techsupport engineers will create a backup copy of your data that you will transfer to your location and restore your Intranet on your premise.
- You need to have a commercial license key (for Bitrix24 Self-Hosted) with an active subscription for technical support and product updates. Your key should be activated and registered in advance, this can also be done on our site.
- The number of users for this key must not be less than the number of users in your Bitrix24 Cloud instance. Otherwise you'll need to purchase a license upgrade for your key.
- The edition of the Self-Hosted version of Bitrix24 that you are migrating your Bitrix24 Cloud project to may not contain all the tools and features originally available in the Cloud version. As a result, some data may not be transferred to your Self-hosted product copy (please compare the Self-hosted editions or consult our sales staff - email@example.com).
- The following components of your Bitrix24 Cloud project will be backed-up: database, public files and bitrix kernel files. It means that all backed-up elements will be restored to an empty directory and database in your Self-hosted product copy.
- Your Bitrix24 Cloud project backup will consist of files and elements previously backed-up during the [last] night. Any changes made in your Bitrix24 after this date will not be included into the project backup. As a mater of fact, you should specify the date when we should initiate the project backup procedure. Important: the process of backing-up your Cloud files and elements may take 1-3 days, no changes made during these 1-3 days will be included in your project backup.
- We strongly recommend that you use our Virtual Appliance as a product environment for your Self-Hosted product installation. In case you use a custom product environment, we cannot guarantee a successful outcome of Cloud-to-Self-hosted version migration of your Bitrix24 project.
- Your server must be configured to support UTF-8.
- The root directory in which Bitrix24 and the system kernel will be installed must be empty.
If you accept all the conditions above please create a techsupport ticket providing the following information:
- Your Bitrix24 Self-hosted license key (the number of allowed users must not be less than the number of users you currently have in your Bitrix24 Cloud instance).
- Bitrix24 Cloud portal name (URL, e.g. https://MYCOMPANY.bitrix24.com).
- Bitrix24 Cloud main administrator login and password (you will be able to change the password after the backup is completed).