Bitrix24 can be used as an online service or as a ‘box’ product – that is, installed on your own server (or that of your hosting provider). Read the blog post for an in-depth description of the difference between these two options from a feature standpoint.
If you need a higher level of customization, corporate branding or integration with other enterprise software, your Bitrix24 Intranet can be migrated from the cloud to your on-premise server and deployed using the Bitrix24 Self-Hosted license.
Backing-up your Cloud project and migrating it to the Self-hosted version is free of charge and can be performed only once for 1 Cloud project / 1 commercial license key of your Self-hosted project. We kindly ask you to comply with the following prerequisites:
- You will have to give your permission to prepare your data for migration when contacting our helpdesk. After you have confirmed your permission, the techsupport engineers will create a backup copy of your data that you will transfer to your location and restore your Intranet on your premise.
- You need to have a commercial license key (for Bitrix24 Self-Hosted) with an active subscription for technical support and product updates. Your key should be activated and registered in advance, this can also be done on our site.
- The number of active users for this key must not be less than the number of users in your Bitrix24 Cloud instance. Otherwise you'll need to purchase additional user licenses (coupons) for your key.
- The edition of the Self-Hosted version of Bitrix24 that you are migrating your Bitrix24 Cloud project to may not contain all the tools and features originally available in the Cloud version. As a result, some data may not be transferred to your Self-hosted product copy (please compare the Self-hosted editions or consult our sales staff - firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The following components of your Bitrix24 Cloud project will be backed-up: database, public files and bitrix kernel files. It means that all backed-up elements will be restored to an empty directory and database in your Self-hosted product copy.
- Your Bitrix24 Cloud project backup will consist of files and elements previously backed-up during the [last] night. Any changes made in your Bitrix24 after this date will not be included into the project backup. As a mater of fact, you should specify the date when we should initiate the project backup procedure. Important: the process of backing-up your Cloud files and elements may take 1-3 days, no changes made during these 1-3 days will be included in your project backup.
- We strongly recommend that you use our Virtual Appliance as a product environment for your Self-Hosted product installation. In case you use a custom product environment, we cannot guarantee a successful outcome of Cloud-to-Self-hosted version migration of your Bitrix24 project.
- Your server must be configured to support UTF-8.
- The root directory in which Bitrix24 and the system kernel will be installed must be empty.
If you accept all the conditions above please create a techsupport ticket providing the following information:
- Your Bitrix24 Self-hosted license key (the number of allowed users must not be less than the number of users you currently have in your Bitrix24 Cloud instance).
- Bitrix24 Cloud portal name (URL, e.g. https://MYCOMPANY.bitrix24.com).
- Bitrix24 Cloud main administrator login and password (you will be able to change the password after the backup is completed).