Views: 10028 (Data available since 06.02.2017)
Last Modified: 22.11.2013
The main page of the universal lists has plain and easy to understand user interface:
Creating the List and the List Fields
As you may well guess, the Add button on the context toolbar creates a new list. Click it to open the list properties form consisting of the three tabs. The first tab shows the general parameters for the new (or existing) list:
The Titles tab is useful when you need to have the names of the information block objects more meaningful with respect to the information block contents. Consider the following example:
Obviously, these are only the most general parameters. To access the list detailed settings, click Apply and then, use the List Fields button on the context toolbar:
Otherwise, if you are saving your list using the Save button, you can open the list contents page by clicking the list title link in the lists summary table and then click List Settings on the context toolbar.
Important! To avoid errors, you must add all the proposed fields to the list before adding elements to it.
By default, a new list has only the Name field:
To insert a new field in the list, click Add Field. To edit the existing field properties, select Edit in the action menu:
And this will open the field properties form:
There you will find the following fields, in brief:
- Sort: the less is the value, the higher the field is positioned in the list item properties form;
- Required: specifies that this field must exist when adding a list item;
- Multiple: if this option is checked, you can assign more than one field value when adding or editing a list item;
- Type: specifies the filed value type;
- Default Value is used when creating a new list item; set it to the most frequently used value so users don’t have to kill their time providing it again and again.
Consider an example of the Clients list setup: