Views: 915 (Data available since 06.02.2017)
Last Modified: 10.10.2012
The process of managing automatic newsletters includes the following actions:
- creating a newsletter category (rubric);
- configuring the issue generation and send parameters;
- creating the subscription front-end.
As an example, we shall create the Company News
automatic subscription. Open the Newsletter categories
-> Newsletter categories
). Click Add
on the context toolbar.
- To enable issues to be generated and sent automatically, check the Automatic box:
- After that, the Automatic generation tab becomes enabled:
The following parameters can be set in this tab:
Before you save the new subscription parameters, you can view an example of issue generated using the specified template just as it will be displayed to subscribers.
To view how an issue of your new subscription will look, click the Check
button on the context toolbar:
Clicking this button opens a page in which you can specify the template check parameters. After all parameters are set, click Check to generate the sample issue.
In the end, you will see the following form:
This form shows:
: this form shows the Add newsletter issue
button. You can click it to save an issue that were generated using the selected template, and then send it later manually.
Click the Edit button on the context toolbar to get back to configuring the new newsletter category.
Save the new newsletter rubric by clicking Save (or Apply). From now on, issues of the new subscription will be sent to subscribers according to the specified schedule.
You may want to change the message generation template. To do so:
- Click the template name link.
- Then, open the template for editing in the Site Explorer form.
- Now you can edit the template by adding static (e.g. title) or dynamic information (e.g. scripts or visual components) to it.
Automatic newsletters can be published for user subscription in the same way as manual newsletters.