Last Modified: 10.10.2012
A blog is an internet diary that enables users to publish short comments structured in (reverse) chronological order. Authors can express their ideas instantly for other people to read; tell on the current events etc.
A blog's author can not only add new entries to a journal but also receive comments from other visitors about the messages. Armed with this feature, the author can offer subjects to be discussed by other visitors; exchange opinions about thoughts etc.
Nowadays, blogs become more and more popular among people because they can freely exchange opinions and ideas, no matter where they live.
Bitrix Site Manager contains a dedicated Blogs module to enable people create and maintain their journals. With this module, you can create a feature-rich blogging section on your site:
- create an unlimited number of blogs;
- manage permissions of users to access blogs and perform various operations:
- create blogs;
- administrate and moderate blogs;
- read other blogs;
- add new messages;
- add comment to messages;
- customize icons and smileys for use in blog messages;
- pre-process smileys and tags in messages and comments;
- create message drafts;
- display and use journal calendars;
- export blogs to RSS;
- use Trackbacks;
- group (tag) messages by subject;
- create tree-view comments;
- add images to messages.
The fundamental principle of the blogging system is that a single user (i.e. a visitor that have a unique valid combination of a login and a password) can have only one blog.