Views: 1397 (Data available since 06.02.2017)
Last Modified: 10.10.2012
The Site Manager is used to manage site sections, pages and files in the site. The Site Explorer user interface is implemented as an enhanced file manager.
Site Explorer tools allow to:
- create and delete files and folders;
- upload files to the server;
- download files to a local machine;
- manage page and folder properties;
- create and edit pages;
- manage site section menus;
- customise user group access permission to pages and site sections;
- view file and folder access permissions at the operation system level.
You can open the Site Manager from the Control Panel (Content –> Site Explorer).
All menus in the site explorer are created dynamically as a user gets new folders opened:
At the top hierarchy level are sites that are running on the system. To view or edit the logical structure of a site, select the corresponding tree menu item.
In the logical view, all files and folders are displayed under their titles (not file names). For example, if the
/about/ folder has a title About us, it will be shown in the file manager as follows:
The Files and folders branch shows the system file structure. This view displays the real names of system files and folders:
The site manager contains the following controls:
- Context bar;
- Context menu;
- Action bar.
Context bar contains a set of common commands that you may need to manage the site structure and content:
Context menu allows to perform required actions on selected file or folder. You can open the context menu for any object by clicking either in the Action column, or right mouse button on the selected element.
A set of actions in the context menu depends on the selected element, its status and the current user access permissions.
Group action bar
This panel allows to perform group actions on elements chosen in the Checkbox column.
| ||-||applies the selected action to all elements in the list;|
| ||-||enables the quick-edit feature on the selected elements directly in the list (allows to rename files and folders);|
| ||-||deletes selected elements;|
| ||-||list of actions that can be performed on the selected elements:
Click Apply to perform the selected action.
- Access – opens a form in which you can configure access permissions of the selected elements;
- Copy – copies the selected elements to the specified folder;
- Move – moves the selected elements to the specified folder.