Last Modified: 21.04.2016
The Bitrix Virtual Appliance is designed using VMWare Studio 1.0 in VMWare Virtual Appliance format. The virtual machine is compatible with the following VMWare software:
- VMWare Server 1.0 and higher;
- VMWare ESX 3.0 and higher;
- VMWare ESXi 3.5 and higher;
- VMWare Workstation 6.0 and higher;
- VMWare Player 2.0 and higher;
- VMWare Fusion 1.1 and higher.
The machine hosts a Linux based virtual server optimized for common web server hosting service.
The virtual server includes:
- OS: CentOS 6.3 with autoupdate feature;
- two-tier configuration: NGINX + (Apache2+APC);
- MySQL 5 with InnoDB support;
- HTTPS support;
- additional software and packages: geoip, catdoc, poppler, mc, man, strace;
- properly configured firewall (iptables) and secure configuration;
- DHCP based or manual IP address;
- configurable mail client (msmtp);
- MRU action toolbar for remote control;
- remote control via HTTP and HTTPS;
- exhaustive settings to control system robustness, performance and security.
The default password for the root superuser and for the bitrix user is bitrix.
The virtual machine comes preconfigured for the best performance of Bitrix software.
Attention: Be sure to change the passwords when running the system for the first time!
Minimum Requirements For VMWare Player / Bitrix Virtual Appliance
A computer to run Bitrix Virtual Appliance under VMWare Player shall meet the following minimum requirements:
- Windows XP / Vista / 7 / Server 2003 / Server 2008 32/64-bit; Linux 32/64-bit;
- VMWare Player;
- Minimum free disk space: 2 GB;
- Minimum RAM: 160 MB;
- Recommended RAM: 256 MB or more.