Last Modified: 10.10.2012
When adding a new site, you have to specify the following parameters:
- the site ID – two-symbol abbreviation, for example: ru / en / de / s1 / s2 etc.
- the site name – an arbitrary site name; used in different administration forms along with the site ID;
- domain – the domain names of the site.
Note that each domain name is to be specified on a new line (one name per line).
Each domain name is a mask; that is, it can include subdomains. For example, the name site.com may match www.site.com or www1.site.com and my-site.com. In this case, site.com is a part of all three domain names.
To avoid problems with domains of different sites whose names partially match, you should use the site sort index. When a site is selected by its domain name, the sort index values are compared. A site with the least sort index value will be selected. If the values of the sort index are the same, the lengths of the domain names are compared.
- Site folder – a folder containing the site information: sections and pages.
The value specified is used as a base level to build logical and physical structure in the Site Explorer module.
If the second multisiting method is used, the root folder ("/") is specified in this field, for all sites.
The site language properties are customised in the Parameters section; the following values are also specified:
- Site name – an arbitrary site name which can used in e-mail templates. If the value is not specified in the site parameters, the value of the same parameter from the main module settings will be used.
- Server URL – this server address will be used when creating the template-based e-mails. The address is specified without http://. If the value is not specified in the site settings, the value of the same parameter from the main module settings will be used.
- Default e-mail address – an e-mail address which will be used as a value of the DEFAULT_EMAIL_FROM macro when creating e-mails for each server. If this field is empty in the site settings, the template will use an email specified in the main module settings.
- Path to the web server root folder of this site – the full path to a folder to which the variable DOCUMENT_ROOT is set for this site. When using the first method of multisite configuration, leave this field blank. To facilitate providing value in this field, you can click the [insert current] link. This will automatically insert the full path to the current site files on server.
Please bear in mind that you can use the insert current link only when you are currently on the site for which the value is inserted. For example, if you opened the Control Panel form site1.com/bitrix/admin, the path value for this very site is inserted: /home/public_html/site1/
To specify the current value for site2.com, you have to open the Control Panel of site2.com/bitrix/admin. The following path will be inserted: /home/public_html/site2/
When creating a new site, you can generate e-mail templates. The following variants are available:
- Do not create - templates for the site will not be created;
- Link to existing site templates - you can attach templates of an existing site to a new site;
- Copy from site templates - creates templates as exact copies of the existing templates of the site specified.
Note that you can choose any of these variants only
when creating a new site.