To add the subscribers' addresses from some external file, first you need to prepare
the source file of data.
The file containing the subscribers' addresses to import should be properly
formatted. Addresses in the file can:
- be separated with a comma;
- begin from a new string.
So, a file can look like the following example:
Import of addresses
- Open the Import of addresses form (Newsletter ->
Import of addresses).
- Click the Browse... button and choose the file with the list of addresses.
- If the confirmation code should be sent to the added subscribers, select the Send a confirmation code
- If it's required to automatically confirm the delivery of the
subscription issue to all
subscribers, select the Select the subscription confirmation checkbox
- If you need to register added subscribers on the site and to create a
personal account for each subscriber, choose the As users...
option in the Add subscribers field.
If you've chosen the
registration of the added subscribers as the site users, then:
- to send the registration information to each registered user, set the
Send registration information... option;
- choose groups of users which will contain the registered users.
- Choose the subscriptions to which the users will be subscribed by
- Specify the subscription format for sending newsletters to the registered
- Click the Import addresses button.