The Bitrix Site Manager is developed with the PHP5 programming language. The product runs smoothly on any UNIX and Windows platform.
Minimal Software Requirements
- Unix, Linux, Sun/Solaris, HP-UX
- Windows NT, Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows XP/Vista/7/8
PHP enabled web server
- MySQL version5.0 and higher is recommended. To work with MySQL
properly, the system requires the MySQL support for PHP to be installed
- Oracle 10, OracleXE (for product editions supporting Oracle DB) can be used.
To fully support Oracle, the php_oci8.dll extension of PHP should be installed
- MSSQL, MSSQL Express (for product editions supporting MSSQL) can al
so be used. ODBS support should be provided to be able to install this
- Apache (recommended) – the Bitrix software was developed for Apache 1.3.x. However, the system will successfully run on Apache 2.x.
- IIS (Internet Information Server) (also supported) – the system is able to run on IIS 5, IIS6, IIS7 and IIS 7.5. Internet Information Server requires additional setup to fully support Bitrix Site Manager and Bitrix24.
Bitrix Site Manager and Bitrix24 require PHP version 5.3.x or higher. It is recommended that you use the latest stable release of PHP to prevent PHP failures and to provide the maximum security at the server side.
The following PHP extensions are required:
- GD – image handling library. Required for building graphs and charts which is essential for the Statistics, Advertising and Helpdesk modules. The library is also used with CAPTCHA.
- PHP XML – used by the update system. This library is inluded in the standard installation package of PHP. The Windows version of PHP has a built-in XML support.
- FreeType – required for the correct functioning of CAPTCHA.
- Regular Expression support (POSIX and Perl compatible) – the system requires the regular expression support at the core level.
- Zlib compression – the compression library is required by the Compression module and the update system to decrease the amount of transferred data.
The following PHP parameters are essential.
- memory_limit = 64M;
Maximum amount of PHP memory required by the system core.
: this parameter can be changed:
- by editing the file php.ini directly;
- from within a script by calling ini_set("memory_limit", "64M");
This call is added to /bitrix/php_interface/dbconn.php at the installation time using the user-supplied value;
- in the file .htaccess using the directive: php_value memory_limit 64M
- in the file httpd.conf using the directive: php_admin_value memory_limit 64M
: parameters can be altered from within the .htaccess file if the following conditions are met:
- Apache (or compatible) web server is used;
- .htaccess files are processed by a web server, which means that the web server configuration file (httpd.conf) contains the directive AllowOverride set to All or any value other than None;
- PHP is installed as an Apache module (if PHP runs as CGI all the required parameters must be set when compiling PHP)
- file_uploads = On;
The parameter defines whether files can be uploaded to a server or not.
Additionally, the following variables are also to be set:
- upload_tmp_dir = <folder name>
- upload_max_filesize = <required file size limit>
Important: It is essential that the specified directory exists, and a current user (under which the web server runs) is granted the write permissions for this folder.
- Proper PHP session handling is the indispensable condition. You are recommended to check that the folder where the session files are saved exists.
Note: if the parameter session.save_path is missing from php.ini, the default value of /tmp is used.
If the server URL's happen to contain the PHPSESSID=...
parameter, you hide it as follows:
- Add the line session.use_trans_sid = 0 to php.ini;
- In .htaccess, add the following directive: php_flag session.use_trans_sid off
The demo site has this line included in .htaccess, you can uncomment it if required.
- 2 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, or faster
- 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), or higher
- 500 GB available hard disk space (32-bit or 64-bit), orhigher
All product editions are shipped with full and unabridged source code. This allows the developer to customize and develop solutions without assistance.
If you cannot decide which edition to purchase, please contact us. Our engineers will provide you assistance and answer all your questions.