In this section
This form opens every time you select link New folder in the Site Explorer or click in the
administration toolbar in the site public section. A new folder is created in the folder currently opened in the Site Explorer. For example, if you have the folder
/en/about/ opened, a new folder will be created in /about/.
||Switches to a folder currently opened in the Site Explorer.
Folder creation form
The name of a new folder. Only Roman letters can be used here.
The name of a new section as it will display in the public section navigation chain.
|Add a menu item
If this option is active, a link to a created section will be added to the specified menu.
||The type of menu to which the link to the created section will be added.
||The menu item title. This text will be shown in the public section.
|Create index page for this section
||If this option is checked, the file index.php will be created in a new section.
This will allow visitors open the section without having to provide the page file name. For example:
||The template that will be used to create the index page.
|Switch to editing
If this option is active, the index page will be opened in the HTML editor after the section is created. This allows you to start editing the index page without delay.
Example of creating a section
- Switch to the Site Explorer: Settings -> Site Explorer.
- Click New folder in the page context bar.
- Enter the folder name. The name can contain Roman letters only.
- Enter the section name. This text will be shown in the navigation chain as a link to the section created.
- Check the Create index page for this section box to add the index.php file to the newly created folder. When the new site
section is opened in browser, this page will be displayed by default.
- Select the template for the index page. The following page templates are included in the product: Standard page, Page include area
or Section include area.
- The Standard page template is the base for all the site pages.
- The Page include area template is used for include sections (shown on a side part of a page).
- Section include area is applied when creating an include area for all pages of this site section.
- Check the Switch to editing box to start editing the index page right after the section is created.
- Edit your index page as desired.
- Click Save to save the file in the created folder.