The catalogs can be created and filled with information by importing data from external CSV files. You can import CSV
files in the Import CSV (new) form.
Since CSV files do not bear information regarding the catalog structure and peculiarities of its elements, you will
need to perform the following actions prior to loading the data.
- Create and set up an information block, if required.
- Create all the required properties in the information block.
- Convert the information block to a catalog (see Commercial catalog settings).
- If needed, upload images used by the catalog to the site.
Do the following to create a catalog from a CSV file.
- Open the Import CSV (new) form: e-Store -> Commercial catalog -> Data import -> Import
CSV (new) (or open Data import and click Add profile).
- If you import a CSV file from your computer, click Browse and select the file.
If the data file
size is large, a better solution is to upload it to your site via the FTP. Then, select the file by clicking Choose
beside the data file from the site field.
- Select an information block in which the information is to be imported.
- Click Next.
- Choose the appropriate CSV format (delimited with a special symbol or fixed width field).
- For the delimited format, specify the correct separator in the Field separator field. For the fixed
width field format, specify the numbers of columns which are the field separators.
- If your CSV file's first row contains field names, check the First row contains field names option.
- Click Next.
- Assign file fields to database fields. You must select at least one of the values: B_IBLOCK_ELEMENT.XML_ID
or B_IBLOCK_ELEMENT.NAME. These fields are used to match file fields to database fields.
Ensure that the field correspondence is set up correctly. Otherwise,
importing may lead to unpredictable results.
- To import elements containing images, upload images to any site folder via FTP prior to importing the CSV file.
Then, specify the path to the folder in the Path to images field.
- Define how to treat elements which are currently in the database but not in the file (delete, deactivate or
- Click Load data.